Elmer's Big Parade Plymouth
We hope you're enjoying the trail and loved our Elmer 'Snorkelly' as much as we do. Here at Radio Plymouth we are so excited to be one of the fantastic sponsors of Elmer’s Big Parade Plymouth – in support of St Luke’s Hospice.
For 10 weeks in the summer of 2019 a parade of 40 fabulously colourful and unique elephants shall be taking you on a trail around the beautiful city of Plymouth and surrounding areas. From the hustle and bustle of the city streets to the peace and grandeur of the Hoe, and from the green spaces of Plymouth to the spectacular coastline; Elmer’s Big Parade will navigate you around Britain’s Ocean City.
St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth is working in partnership with Wild in Art and Andersen Press to bring this mass participation, family friendly, art trail to life; featuring the much beloved children’s character of Elmer, by Devon born artist and author David McKee. Find out more at: Elmer’s Big Parade Plymouth.
As a thank you for participating in the trail, each week we are giving one lucky person a thank you prize. We have a 'bundle of fun' for you and your family which will include Clip & Climb tickets, Plymouth Albion tickets, a Cream Tea at Otter Garden Centres, a Family Pass to the National Marine Aquarium and Plymouth Argyle game day tickets for the family*.
Register here for your chance to win!
* Clip & Climb- 4 people, must include 1 adult.
* Otter Garden Centre- Cream tea for 4 people at their Brixton restaurant.
* Plymouth Albion Family tickets are for 2 adults and 2 children under 16 (home game only- further T&Cs to come)
* Plymouth Argyle Family tickets are for 2 adults and 2 children under 18 (home game only, only available for the first 5 weeks of competition- further T&Cs to come)
* National Marine Aquarium family tickets - (2A +2C or 1A +3C) not included in the yearly free pass offer.
The 'bundle of fun' weekly prize will be given away each Thursday for 10 weeks.
18/7, 25/7, 1/8, 8/8, 15/8, 22/8, 29/8, 5/9, 12/9, 19/9.
Dolvin Road heading into Tavistock - Tavistock, Devon
Dolvin Road heading into Tavistock busy but moving near Vigo Bridge.
Tavistock Road heading away from the City Centre - Plymouth, Devon
Very slow traffic on Tavistock Road heading away from the City Centre around Derriford. Travel time is eight minutes.
A379 Billacombe Road - Plymouth, Devon
A379 Billacombe Road busy but moving near the Sugar Mill Business Park.