The reopening of the Mount Wise Pool has been delayed
Plymouth's Tinside Lido outdoor swimming pool is reopening today (1 August).
Outdoor pools were allowed to do so last month but there was some final preparation work to do before Tinside could. There are now extra measures in place:
- Each session will last two hours
- Maximum capacity of 100 people per session
- Session timings will be 10:30am-12.30pm, 1pm-3pm, 3:30pm-5:30pm daily
- Evening swim on Wednesday 6pm-7.30pm weather permitting
- Breaks for cleaning between each session
- All sessions have to be booked in advance and paid online or via the app
- Our lifeguards will be monitoring social distancing
- The café will be closed
- Sun loungers and deck chairs will be unavailable
- Changing rooms will be unavailable
- Toilets will be available
- Reception will be open but will only accept card payments
The main pool at Mount Wise was also due to reopen today, but won't be, because it has not passed the necessary microbiological water tests. Everyone Active, which operates it, are aiming to reopen it as soon as possible. Plymouth City Council has apologised for any inconvenience.