Improvement works in the area will see it get flowered up with a funky new look
Plymouth’s West End is going to getting a splash of colour and is set to become a place to stay and play as part of a package of improvement works.
Frankfort Gate will be transformed into a family friendly space, creating an attractive gateway into the West End and Plymouth Market and provide more space for events.
Work in the area will include:
- Providing a colourful soft play surface for children
- Refurbished and colourful seating
- New planting within raised tree surrounds to give a splash of colour
- New street lighting, new power points for events and feature ornamental lighting both within and around the new tree surrounds
- Planting and other environmental works will also take place in Market Avenue and Cornwall Street
The work is a joint project by Plymouth City Council and the City Centre Company and is designed to create a more vibrant feel to an area that is already seeing more people sit out and enjoy the cafes that are now open there.
Contractors will be on site from Monday and the whole project is expected to last seven weeks.