Be Safe, Be Seen 2018
Be Safe, Been Seen 2018 is here!
Radio Plymouth have teamed up with SWH, helping you to be safe as the nights get darker this winter.
We will be out and about delivering thousands of reflective stickers to Primary School aged children across Plymouth. They can be stuck on book bags or school coats to help make them more visible.
We want to remind pedestrians and cyclists when out at the roadside, to remember that although you may see the driver they might not see you! Therefore it is really important to be highly visible and you can clearly be seen in the winter months. Especially children on their school journey!
How can my child be seen more easily?
On dull days your child can wear bright or fluorescent colours
- Special high-visibility tabards and other clothing can be bought from many retailers
- Fluorescent armbands can also be worn over coats and other clothing
- Bags are also available in bright colours or with high-visibility strips
- Try to stick to well- lit areas wherever possible, carry a torch
- When crossing roads try and cross near a street light
- Be aware of your surroundings and look out for cars and cyclists
If walking near traffic at night reflective clothing is needed
- Reflective clothing reflects light from car and bike headlamps
- Reflective armbands and clothing can be bought for children
- Remember that fluorescent colours do not show up in the dark
- For older children who may consider fluorescent and reflective armbands and clothing ‘uncool’, stickers can be bought which can be put on bags or coats.
This message isn’t only for children: make sure you wear bright clothing too.
You can get more info HERE
The short video clip below illustrates the effectiveness of reflective clothing in helping cyclists stand out in dark or gloomy conditions...
Torpoint Ferry - Devonport, Cornwall
Waiting times of up to 15 minutes and two ferries running on Torpoint Ferry between Torpoint and Devonport.